How do I add a Canvas widget for the Student App to my Android device?
The Canvas Student app comes with several widgets for quick access to grades, notifications, to-do items, and bookmarks.
The images in this lesson are shown for a phone display, but unless otherwise noted, tablet displays mirror the same steps.
- Depending on your Android device, the steps to install a widget may vary from what is pictured below. If you have questions, please refer to your device instructions about how to install a widget.
- Widgets are not available for the Canvas Teacher or Canvas Parent apps.
Tap and Hold Screen
Tap and hold the home screen.
Tap the Widgets icon.
Find Canvas Widgets
Find the Canvas Student widgets . The following widgets are available:
- Grades : displays the overall grade for a student's favorite courses.
- Notifications : displays the notifications listed on the Notifications page.
- To Do List : displays To Do list items from your favorite courses.
- Bookmarks : creates a shortcut to any bookmarked item in the Student app.
Tap and hold the widget, then select a screen to place it on.
Choose Widget Style
If you want to hide the details in the widget, tap the Hide details on widget checkbox.
Note: The Hide details on widget option is not available for the bookmark widget.
Tap your preferred widget style: light  or dark . The light widget style will style the widget has dark text over a light background. The dark widget style will style the widget as light text over a dark background.
Note: Widget styles are not available for the bookmark widget.
To move the widget, tap and hold on the widget . To resize the widget, tap and drag the resize icons .
View the Widget
View your Canvas widget. To view a widget item directly in the app, tap the item .
To refresh the widget information, tap the Refresh icon .