How do I upload a file as an assignment submission in the Student app on my iOS device?
You can upload files from your iOS device for an assignment submission. Once you submit your assignment, you can verify your assignment submission. You can also resubmit assignments if your instructor allows.
You can also submit an assignment from a third-party app, such as Google Drive and Dropbox.
The images in this lesson are shown for a phone display, but unless otherwise noted, tablet displays mirror the same steps.
- Your instructor may restrict certain assignment types, including file uploads, so this option may not be available for your assignment submission.
- If your assignment includes a link to a PDF file, you can add annotations as part of your submission.
- If enabled in the browser version of Canvas, you will see celebration animations when you submit an on-time assignment in the Student app.
- To learn more about File Upload and Media Recording submissions in the Canvas Student app, view the Canvas Media Comparison PDF.
- You can share files using the Share button on your device.
In the Dashboard, tap the name of the course you'd like to view.
Tap the Assignments link.
Note: You may have to swipe your screen to view the Assignments link.
Tap the name of the assignment.
View Assignment Details
The Assignment Details page displays information about your assignment, including the assignment's acceptable submission types  and accepted file types, if applicable.
You can also leave assignment comments, view attached files, and view the assignment rubric from the Submission & Rubric link .
Submit from Assignment Details Page
Tap the Submit Assignment button.
Select File Upload
Tap the File Upload link.
Select Upload Source
Using the file picker, select the source from which you wish to upload your file.
To take a picture or record a video with your device camera, tap the Camera link .
To select a file from your device library, tap the Library link .
To select a file from your device files, tap the Files link .
To scan a file with your device, tap the Scanner link .
To scan a document as your file submission, position the document in view and tap the Shutter button.
To scan the document again, tap the Retake link . To save the scanned document, tap the Keep Scan link . If needed, adjust the handles around the document . To scan additional documents to add to your assignment submission, tap the Shutter button .
Tap the Save button .
Verify the file you have chosen for submission . Then tap the Submit link .