How do I change my login password?
You can change your password in your profile settings. There are no password reset intervals, so you can change your password as little or as often as you want. However, you can keep strong passwords effective by changing them often.
Here are some good password guidelines:
- Use at least eight characters (the more the better), but most people will find anything more than about 15 characters difficult to remember.
- Use a random mixture of characters, upper and lower case, numbers, punctuation, spaces and symbols.
- Don't use a word found in a dictionary, English or foreign.
Note: If you do not have access to change your password, please contact your institution. If you have forgotten your password, you can easily reset it. View How do I reset my password? to learn how.
Click Change Password Checkbox
Follow the steps to change your password.
- Click on the Change Password checkbox to create a new password.
- Type your old password in the Old Password field.
- Type your new password in the New Password field.
- Type your new password again in the Confirm Password field.
Note: Your institution may take care of updating or changing your password by using the password associated with your login credentials for Canvas. If you do not have access to change your password, please contact your institution.