How do I install the Instructure OneRoster plugin from within PowerSchool?
As a PowerSchool SIS admin, you can install the Instructure OneRoster plugin.
If necessary, you should also install the Universal Rostering plugin first.
Download the Instructure OneRoster Plugin. Contact Instructure for a link to the plugin.
Sign in to the PowerSchool SIS Admin portal.
From the start page, choose System > System Settings > Plugin Management Configuration.
On the Plugin Management Dashboard, click the Install button.
Verify the information in the Plugin Registration window. Then, click the Register button.
Note: If the registration is unsuccessful, delete the plugin and reinstall it with the correct information.
To enable the Instructure plugin:
- Click the Enable/Disable checkbox.
- Click the Enable button.
- Click the name of the vendor plugin.
- Click Data Configuration.
- Increase Pagination limit to 1000.
- In the OAuth Credentials section, record the generated Client ID and Client Secret.
To request information from Intructure:
- Create a text file entitled: <institution_name>_oneroster_credentials.txt
- In the file add the following fields:
- Institution Name:
- Primary Contact Name:
- Primary Contact Email:
- PowerSchool URL:
- Client ID:
- Client Secret:
- Save the text file.
- Request a link to a secure ShareFile site, and upload the text file to it.