Troubleshooting: Enrollment not yet accepted or Badgr cannot access student email address
As a teacher, when on the Progress page of the Badges course navigation, you may see a student's name flagged with an orange exclamation point.
There are two reasons why this may occur:
- The student has not accepted the course enrollment (as indicated by the hover text).
- Badgr cannot access a student's email address from the Canvas instance.
Badges will not be awarded to students flagged with an orange exclamation point (!) until the course enrollment has been accepted or until Badgr has been granted access to the student's email address. Badges will not be awarded to students flagged with an orange exclamation point (like this one: ) until the course enrollment has been accepted or until Badgr has been granted access to the student's email address.
For badges not awarding, see also: Troubleshooting: Badges are not awarding in my Canvas course.
The student has not accepted enrollment
If the student has not accepted enrollment, the badge(s) cannot be awarded until they accept enrollment in the course.
Student has accepted enrollment
If the student has accepted the course enrollment invitation and is an active participant in the course, your Canvas permission settings may need to be adjusted.
- Contact your Canvas admin if you do not have sufficient rights.
- Navigate to the sub-account or root level where the affected course is located.
- Select Permissions from the account navigation menu.
- In the permissions table, find Users — view the primary email address.
- Ensure that teacher access is enabled with a green check ( ).
Badgr cannot access the student email address
If the student has accepted enrollment and the Canvas instance allows teachers to view email addresses, but there is still an exclamation mark next to a name, there may be a different Canvas or SIS setting preventing the badge awards. Please check your Canvas settings. If you can't resolve the issue, please contact email@example.com.