How do I create a Conference?
You can create a conference in a course to hold virtual office hours and speakers. Conferences can accommodate up to 50 people. Although you cannot send out invitations to the conference until it begins, you can create a course events on the Calendar to indicate an upcoming conference.
You can create multiple conferences, which are listed in chronological order by the date they were created. The most recently created conference will appear at the top of the list.
Add Conference Details
To create a new conference:
- Type a name for the conference in the name field.
- Select the type of conference. (You do not need to change this field.)
- Set the time limit for the conference by typing in the duration field.
- Select Options: Record the conference (Note: Recordings are automatically deleted 14 days after the conference ends) and/or indicate if the conference will be a long-running conference by selecting the No time limit (for long-running conferences) checkbox.
- Type a description about the conference in the description field.
- Choose which members to invite to the conference. By default, the Invite All Course Members checkbox will be selected for you, but you can deselect it and choose to invite only specific members of your course.
- Click Update.
View your created conference.