How do I use the Teacher app on my iOS device?
As an instructor, you can use the Canvas Teacher app to access and manage course content while you are away from a computer browser. The app displays your profile, To Do list, Conversations Inbox, and functionality to access your courses.
The images in this lesson are shown for a phone display, but unless otherwise noted, tablet displays mirror the same steps.
- Not all Canvas features are supported on the app at this time.
- The Canvas Teacher app uses your device's settings to set the time zone used within the app.
- To change the language displayed in the Teacher app, select a language in Canvas from a web browser, log out of the Teacher app, and log in again.
When you log in to the Teacher app, the default landing page is the Courses page, or Dashboard. The Courses icon displays all your current courses, including your favorite courses. You can customize the display of the Courses page by managing your courses page.
To view a course home page, tap the name of a course.
View To Do List
The To Do icon displays all ungraded submissions in your courses. Learn how to view the To Do List.
The Inbox icon displays all Conversations messages in the Teacher app. Learn how to view the Inbox.
View User Menu
To open your User Menu, tap the Menu icon.
Open Dashboard Settings
To open Dashboard Settings, tap the Settings icon.
View Dashboard Settings
In the Dashboard Settings, you can:
- Display the Dashboard as a grid 
- Display the Dashboard as a list 
- Overlay a selected color in courses over Dashboard course cards