How do I view and manage my institution's Canvas ProgressBook integration rostering schedules?
If your institution has configured an integration with Canvas and your SIS, you can view your institution's SIS integration sync schedule in the SIS Integration page. Any rostering updates made in your SIS within the defined interval, including changes to enrollments and courses, are reflected in Canvas after a completed sync. You can also pause rostering syncs from your SIS to Canvas.
Your institution's SIS sync schedules are configured during Canvas SIS integration implementation. To make changes to your sync schedules, or to add scheduled syncs, contact the Instructure SIS Support Team.
In Global Navigation, click the Admin link , then click the name of the account .
Open SIS Integration
In the Account Navigation menu, click the SIS Integration link.
View SIS Rostering
View Schedules List
The Schedules list displays the following information:
- Type : the sync type; Canvas supports roster import and grade passback syncs.
- Interval : the frequency of the sync automation.
- First Run : the date and time when the schedule's first sync occurred.
- Next Run : the date and time for the next scheduled sync.
- Time Zone : the time zone of the first and the next scheduled sync.
- Posted By : the admin who created the sync schedule.
- Action : the schedule action options.
Run Schedule Sync
To manually run the schedule, click the Run this schedule now button.
Note: If you manually run a sync, avoid sync issues and confirm that only one sync job is running at a time.
If you notice an issue during a SIS sync to Canvas, you can pause the sync schedule to prevent subsequent syncs.
To pause a sync schedule, locate the schedule, and then in the Action column, click the Pause schedule button.
After pausing a sync, please contact the Instructure SIS Support Team to resolve any sync issues.