Updating the Canvas LTI
When you access the Badgr LTI in Canvas, you may notice a banner about a brand new Badgr with a button to the right labeled Upgrade course. Clicking the button will automatically upgrade your course and keep all badges and earning criteria aligned with their modules. Once your course has been upgraded, select the Setup tab to make adjustments to badges, staff, and learners.
If you encounter an error after selecting the Upgrade Course button, it is most likely that the developer keys for Badgr need to be turned on. You will need a Canvas Admin to adjust the developer key settings.
- While logged in as a Canvas Admin, select Admin from the left side menu, then Developer keys.
- Scroll through the list and ensure that the Badgr API key is set to ON as well as the key for the regional Badgr server you are planning to connect to (US, EU, or AU). If you cannot locate the Badgr developer keys, you may need to select Show all keys at the bottom of the list.
- Go back to the account, sub-account, or course where Badgr is installed and select Upgrade course.
- A banner should appear instructing you to refresh the page.
- When the page is refreshed, you will be in Badgr Groups, the new LTI!
- Select the Setup tab to make adjustments to badges, staff, and learners. Select the box with the ellipses to edit or delete the group.
If you are a Canvas Admin and do not wish for teachers to upgrade to Badgr Groups in your organization, you can contact us at Support@Badgr.com to lock the legacy LTI on your instance. Only Canvas Admins can make this request.
Reverting to the Legacy LTI
- To revert to the legacy LTI, select Badgr from the left side menu in Canvas, then go to the setup tab.
- Select the box with the ellipses.
- Choose Revert to Legacy LTI from the drop down menu.
If you have a Badgr Pro subscription any special badge requirements, such as awards based on grades, will be lost when reverting to the Legacy LTI. Only module completion status will trigger badge awards in the Legacy LTI.
For more resources on Badgr groups, check out our other knowledge base articles: