Adding badges to a Degreed profile
Degreed is a lifelong learning platform that allows individuals and organizations to find, document and recognize learning. Some badge recipients may want to display their badges on their Degreed profile.
Badges can be displayed on Degreed using the badge URL. The instructions below describe two ways to acquire the badge URL, then explain how to add the badge URL to your Degreed profile.
Option 1: From the badge award email
- Open the email that contains the badge award.
- Click on the badge image within the email to open the badge in a browser.
- Copy the URL of the page to your clipboard
Option 2: From your Canvas Badges backpack
- From your Canvas Badges account select Backpack from the top navigation. Find the badge you wish to add to your Degreed profile and click the Share button.
- Select Copy to add the share URL to your clipboard in the popup window that appears. We recommend including the recipient identifier to ensure your badge can be verified.
For more information on sharing badges from Canvas Badges/Credentia;s, please see our article on Sharing badges from Canvas Badges/Credentials.
Final step: Add badges to Degreed
- Sign into Degreed.
- Click the add to profile button, "+" at the top of any page (1) and select Badge (2).
- Paste the URL in the field and select Submit.
PLEASE NOTE: If Degreed asks for a “Badge URL (ending in .json),” Canvas Badges/Credentials has a “View JSON” button on the page where the JSON URL may be copied from the browser's address bar. Although you may paste either URL into Degreed, we recommend pasting the regular URL, not the JSON URL. This difference is that when accessing the badge later using the regular URL, you can see all the badge data, not just the machine-readable badge verification code.