Badgr Groups LTI installation in Blackboard
Badgr users can create a Badgr Group to track badge and pathway progress for a group of recipients within Badgr, outside of an LMS, and using our LTI for Blackboard.
Please fill out this form to have this feature enabled on your issuer or organization
Adding the Badgr Groups LTI to Blackboard
The Badgr Groups LTI install in Blackboard is a two-part process. First, the LTI needs to be installed and then the REST API. Once installed Blackboard admins can manage settings and groups from the deployment area.
Install the LTI 1.3/Advantage Tool
As an administrator of a Blackboard instance, navigate to the Administrator tools.
- Navigate to LTI Tool Providers in the Administrator Panel
- Click Register LTI 1.3/Advantage Tool
- Enter the Application/Client ID from the table below for the server you wish to connect to
Badgr Environment Blackboard Application/Client ID https://badgr.com fc137814-b079-40b6-ac59-0d850c26c5de https://eu.badgr.com 914f5374-455c-4ae8-8861-d96c1cb37f1a https://ca.badgr.com a1e07c13-9817-420b-8b73-137352e7a0d5 https://au.badgr.com b5f77aa4-dd84-4b70-b40a-5521906052a0
- Select Submit
- In the new screen, ensure the Tool Status is Enabled
- We also recommend the below tool settings for the best experience
- Select Submit
Once installed select the drop-down menu next to the Badgr LTI integration and select Approve from the list
Install the REST API Tool
- Navigate to Rest API Integrations in the Administrator Panel
- Click Create Integration
- Enter the Application/Client ID from the table above for the server you wish to connect to
- Specify a user in the Learn User field
- We recommend creating a unique system user for this has the following system permissions at a minimum:
- Course/Organization (Content Areas) > View Material Settings
- Course/Organization Control Panel (Grade Center) > View Attempts
- Course/Organization Control Panel (Grade Center) > View Grade Center Items and Settings
- Course/Organization Control Panel (Grade Center) > View Grades
- Course/Organization Control Panel (Tools) > Tests, Surveys, and Pools > Tests
- Course/Organization Control Panel (Users and Groups) > Users
- Read-only access to the Content System filesystem
- This should have read access to course content, memberships, and grade book.
- Once done click Submit
Once the LTI has been successfully installed and deployment preferences set in the administration panel, users will be able to set up groups in individual courses.