Adding an external badge to a Canvas Credentials Pathway
If you're trying to create a pathway and can't find the badge you want to use under your issuer or organization, you may add any Open Badge by importing the badge using the third-party feature in pathways.
Pathways is a paid feature of Canvas Credentials. For more information about a Canvas Credentials subscription for your organization, please fill out this form
Badges may originate from any platform as long as they comply with the Open Badges standard. Non-Canvas Credentials badges can only be added as required badges on a pathway.
Adding an external badge
- To use the Add external badge feature, click on a step on your pathway and choose Add required badge.
- A new sidebar will appear to the right.
- To add an external badge, select the third-party tab.
- You can add a third-party badge by dragging or uploading a badge image complete with the badge metadata, entering the badge URL or entering the badge JSON into the appropriate field.
- Select Add badge to add the badge to the step.
Users may upload a badge that has not yet been awarded or a badge that has been awarded.