Canvas Badges/Credentials for Moodle: Push to backpack
How to Connect Canvas Badges/Credentials as your external backpack
- Login to Moodle and select the profile icon in the upper right.
- Select Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Under Badges select Backpack settings.
- Select your server location from the drop-down menu labeled Backpack provider, and enter the email and password for your Canvas Badges/Credentials account.
- In a different tab, open your email box and find the verification code.
- Paste the link to complete the verification and connect your Canvas Badges backpack.
After the backpack connection is successfully established, badges from your backpack can be displayed on your badges page and your profile page. Go to Manage badges (via Preferences/Badges) and click the icon to add your badge to your backpack.
You can also select collections of badges from your backpack that you would like to display in your profile.
For more information, you can also visit Moodle.
Moodle version 3.7-3.9 push to backpack on non-U.S. servers
Moodle versions 3.10 or later include an option to connect to backpacks on servers outside the default U.S. server location (Selecting a Canvas Credentials server location). Moodle versions 3.7-3.9 do not support connection to backpacks on non-U.S. servers. If you use an older version of Moodle and reside in a region outside the U.S., we've provided some solutions below.
- Update to the latest version of Moodle to select a backpack from a non-U.S. server
- Teachers use a U.S. Canvas Credentials account and request that students create U.S. server accounts using login URL
- Students create a Canvas Credentials account in their home server (EU, AU, CA) and manually upload badges (for more information, please see: Uploading non-Canvas Credentials badges and Transferring badges to an account on a different server)
- Modify the Moodle database table to reflect your home server following the notes in this Moodle support thread link: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-66585 Note, this option may cease to work when Moodle makes a code update