How do I manage profile pictures for users in an account?
If your account has enabled profile pictures for your users, you can manage all profile pictures for your account. Profile pictures are public and automatically approved when users upload an image in their settings. Using profile pictures can make it easier to see the users in your account and managing them gives you the ability to keep the pictures appropriate.
If a user has a Gravatar and chooses not to upload a profile picture, the Gravatar will show up.
If a student views another student's user details in a course and reports a profile picture as inappropriate, you can review those profile pictures and approve, lock, or delete the picture. In the courses, instructors can remove profile pictures completely from a user's details page.
View Profile Pictures
You can view and filter profile pictures by the following categories:
- Submitted : pictures that users have submitted but they haven't been approved or deleted
- Reported : pictures that have been reported
- Approved, Re-Reported : pictures that have been approved and re-reported
- All : all the pictures within the account
Manage Profile Picture
Within each category, you can manage individual profile pictures with links to approve, lock, or delete the picture . Locking the profile picture means the image is approved but the user cannot change the profile picture. Locked profile pictures can be unlocked at any time.
Each status (except submitted) includes an associated icon :
- approved profile pictures display a check mark
- locked profile pictures display a lock icon
- reported profile pictures display a warning icon