How do I navigate a Canvas course as an observer?
As an observer, you are able to view your student's courses. Depending on your student's teacher's course organization, you may not have access to certain parts of the course.
Learn more about Observer Visibility and Participation.
In Global Navigation, click the Courses link , then click the name of the course .
Observers can view Global Navigation, Course Navigation, Breadcrumb Navigation, Sidebar, and Help link.
- The Global Navigation helps you get to where you want to go across all of your Canvas courses .
- The Course Navigation helps you get to where you want to go within your student's course(s) .
- The Breadcrumb Navigation shows you where you have navigated to inside of a course and gives you a quick and easy way to move backward .
- The Sidebar will be mostly empty for Observers. Depending on the page you are visiting, your student's upcoming assignments and events may be displayed .
- The Help link is very important. To ask for assistance from your student's teacher or the Canvas Support Team, click the Help link .
Note: Depending on your student's teacher, you may not have access to certain parts of the course.