How do I use the Student app on my Android device?
The Canvas Student app helps you access your courses and groups when you are away from a computer browser. The app provides functionality to view and participate in a course or group, as well as view your course calendars, To-Do items, notifications, Conversations messages, and grades.
The images in this lesson are shown for a phone display, but unless otherwise noted, tablet displays mirror the same steps.
- Not all Canvas features are supported on the app at this time.
- The Canvas Student app uses your device's settings to set the time zone used within the app.
- To change the language displayed in the Student app, select a language in Canvas from a web browser, log out of the Student app, and log in again.
When you log in to the Canvas Student app, the default landing page is the Dashboard.
The Dashboard displays all your current courses and groups, including your favorite courses. The Dashboard can also display overall grades in each course. Learn how to view your Dashboard.
The Calendar displays events and assignments for your courses and groups. Learn how to view the Calendar.
View To-Do List
The To-Do List gives a quick view of upcoming course activities that you have not completed. Learn how to view the To-Do List.
Notifications gives you an overview of all course notifications, such as changes to an assignment due date, newly created assignments, course announcements, or a reply to a subscribed discussion. You can also view specific notifications within each of your courses. Learn how to view Notifications.
The Inbox displays all Conversations messages in the Canvas Student app. Learn how to view the Inbox.
Open User Menu
To open the User Menu, tap the Menu icon. You can open the menu by swiping from the left side of the screen.
View User Menu
From the User Menu, you can:
- Open app settings, including profile pictures (if supported) 
- Manage your personal files 
- View your bookmarks 
- Show or hide grades on the Dashboard 
- Overlay a selected color in courses over Dashboard course cards 
- Change user 
- Log out of the app 
Your User Menu may display other LTI tools that you can access via a mobile browser.