How do I post grades for an assignment in the Teacher app on my Android device?
If the New Gradebook is enabled in your course, you can post grades in the Teacher app for assignments where student grades have been hidden. Grades can be hidden using a manual posting policy or by manually hiding grades. This lesson displays how to post grades from the Submissions page. You can also post grades when grading student submissions.
Grades can be posted to everyone or only to students with graded submissions. When grades are posted to everyone, students with ungraded submissions will see that their submission does not have a grade on their grades page. When grades are only posted to students with graded submissions, students with ungraded submissions will view an icon on their grades page that indicates grades are still being worked on.
If a manual posting policy is set for an assignment and grades are posted to everyone, the manual posting policy will become inactive and future grades will be posted automatically.
- You cannot manage grade posting policies from the Teacher app.
- If you make changes to an assignment with hidden grades, the total score as you see it (in both the Gradebook and the student Grades page) will be affected. However, students will not see any changes when they view their Grades page. Once you post the assignment grades, the total grade in the student's view will update accordingly.
- Grades for anonymous and moderated assignments are hidden by default. Moderated assignments grades cannot be unhidden until final grades have been posted.
- Posting grades for an anonymous assignment will remove anonymity from the assignment.
- Students can see peer review comments when assignment grades are hidden. However, students cannot see instructor comments until after the assignment grades are posted.
- If you post grades for an assignment with varied due dates, all students will receive score results at the same time.
- Viewing the Total Column in the Gradebook may be restricted when multiple grading periods are enabled.
- Students will not be able to see their quiz responses while quiz grades are hidden.
In the Courses tab, tap the name of the course you would like to view.
Tap the Assignments link.
Tap the name of the assignment.
To view all student submissions, tap the Arrow icon.
Open Post Settings
To view grade posting settings, tap the Visibility icon.
Note: If the Submissions page does not display a Visibility icon, the New Gradebook is not enabled in your course.
View Post Grades Tab
Post settings opens to the Post Grades tab . The Post Grades tab displays how many assignment grades are currently hidden from students .
You can also hide grades by tapping the Hide Grades tab .
Select Posting Option
To select a posting option, tap the Post to option .
To make grades visible to all students, tap the Everyone option . When the Everyone option is selected, the grades page for all students will longer display an icon indicating that grades are hidden, including grades pages for students with ungraded submissions. Assignment notifications will also be sent to all students.
To post grades to students with graded submissions, tap the Graded option . When the Graded option is selected, only students with graded submissions will display a grade. Assignment notifications will only be sent to students with graded submissions.
- Grades can only be posted to everyone in anonymous assignments.
- If grades are posted to everyone in an assignment with a manual posting policy, the manual posting policy will become inactive and future grades will be posted automatically.
To post grades for specific sections, tap the Specific Section option . Then tap the sections where you want to post grades .
Note: You cannot post grades for specific sections in anonymous assignments.
To post grades, tap the Post Grades button.