How do I hide grades for an assignment in the Teacher app on my Android device?
If the New Gradebook is enabled in your course, you can manually hide grades in the Teacher app for an assignment. When an assignment is hidden, students can still view and submit the assignment, but the grade will be hidden. Grades will stay hidden until assignment grades are posted. This lesson displays how to hide grades from the Submissions page. You can also hide grades when grading student submissions.
This lesson describes how to hide grades for an assignment that has already been graded and is currently displaying grades to students. To automatically hide grades, you must enable a grade posting policy from the New Gradebook in a web browser.
Students will not receive grade change or instructor comment notifications for an assignment with hidden grades. The student grades page displays a visibility icon so students know the assignment grade is hidden. Students will be unable to view their grades, including grade and score changes, instructor submission comments, Canvas DocViewer comments, and curved grades for the assignment until the assignment grades are posted. In Gradebook exports and reports, hidden grades are part of unposted grades.
Hiding grades should only be used to temporarily hide grades from student view while grading is in progress. It should not be used to conceal grades for longer than reasonably necessary.
- You cannot manage grade posting policies from the Teacher app.
- If you make changes to an assignment with hidden grades, the total score as you see it (in both the Gradebook and the student Grades page) will be affected. However, students will not see any changes when they view their Grades page. Once you post the assignment grades, the total grade in the student's view will update accordingly.
- Anonymous and moderated assignments are muted by default. Moderated assignments cannot be unhidden until final grades have been posted.
- Students can see peer review comments when assignment grades are hidden. However, students cannot see instructor comments until after the assignment grades are posted.
- If you post grades for an assignment with varied due dates, all students will receive score results at the same time.
- Viewing the Total Column in the Gradebook may be restricted when multiple grading periods are enabled.
- Students will not be able to see their quiz responses while quiz grades are hidden.
In the Courses tab, tap the name of the course you would like to view.
Tap the Assignments link.
Tap the name of the assignment.
To view all student submissions, tap the Arrow icon.
Open Post Settings
To view grade posting settings, tap the Visibility icon.
Note: If the Submissions page does not display a Visibility icon, the New Gradebook is not enabled in your course.
Open Hide Grades Tab
Tap the Hide Grades tab .
You can also post grades by tapping the Post Grades tab .
View Hide Grades Tab
View the Hide Grades tab. This tab displays how many grades are currently posted for the assignment.
View All Grades Posted
If all grades are currently hidden for the assignment, settings will not be visible in the Hide Grades tab.
To hide grades for specific sections, tap the Specific Sections option . Then tap the sections where you want to hide grades .
Note: You cannot hide grades for specific sections in anonymous assignments.
To hide grades, tap the Hide Grades button.