How do I share a Canvas badge on social media?
The Canvas Badges Backpack provides additional ways to share badges including a public share URL and embed code. See Sharing badges from Canvas Badges for more information.
Earned badges can be shared from an award email, from within Canvas or from a user's Canvas Badges Backpack to various social media sites.
Sharing badges to a social feed
- From your Canvas Badges Backpack, find the badge or collection of badges you wish to share.
- Once you've selected the badge you wish to share, navigate to the Share button then choose the Social tab from the pop-up.
- Before selecting the site you wish to share your badge on, you can optionally choose to include the recipient identifier (email) when you share your badge.
- By including the recipient identifier, the email address associated with the badge will be publicly visible where the badge is shared.
- Select the social media button you wish to share your badge on.
- A dialog box will pop up asking for you to sign in if you haven't before.
- Click the share/post button to share your badge.
If your LinkedIn or other social media account has a different login email than your Canvas Badges account, you may need to add that email to your Canvas Badges account in order to share your badge. Please see Managing your Canvas Badges account for information on adding an additional email.
Adding badges to your LinkedIn certifications
You can also add badges to the certification section of your LinkedIn profile. One advantage to using this approach is that the badge is persistently associated with your LinkedIn profile and does not get "lost in the feed."
- From the badge you wish to share select the Share button.
- Next, select the Social tab from the pop-up window.
- Select the LinkedIn Share to profile button.
- After the button has been selected a new window will appear.
- Ensure all pre-populated information is correct, then select Save to add the badge to your LinkedIn profile.
Please note that LinkedIn may change the image based on what the LinkedIn company/organization image is.