Editing your organization's page
There are many options for customizing your organization's page. You can adjust these settings by accessing the Organization dashboard from your Canvas Badges/Credentials menu. Please review and update your organization information by following these steps.
- Sign in to your Canvas Badges/Credentials account.
- Select the Canvas Badges/Credentials logo in the upper left, and select your organization from the drop-down menu to navigate to your organization's space.
3. Navigate to the Dashboard.
4. Access the ellipsis button and select Edit organization.
5. From here you can edit your public profile, content settings and the welcome page.
This is where you begin choosing how your users will navigate and view your organization space. Under public profile, you can update your logo, set a name for your page, select a URL to direct users to and provide a contact email. The checkbox marked "Redirect to org public page" means users attempting to view your Canvas Badges/Credentials organization page, who either do not have an account or are not logged in, will be redirected to your website URL instead of http://info.badgr.com/. This helps keep learners focused on your organization.
- Edit this page to reflect your organization's information and select Save changes
Select which settings you wish to include on your organization's page.
- Allow external pathway discovery allows users who are not subscribed to your pathway or organization to view your pathway if they've earned a badge that is included in it
- Include external pathways in discovery allows users to view pathways authored by a third party on your page if the user has earned a badge included in the third party pathway
- Pathways can access third-party badges allows users to use earned badges from outside your organization to complete your organization's pathways (For example, students who earn a badge from a volunteer organization can count the badge towards your school's community service pathway)
- Allow email notifications allows Canvas Badges/Credentials to notify users by email when they earn a badge or when they're invited to a pathway
- Allow custom badge properties allows staff to define custom badge properties. To learn more, see Custom badge properties
- Allow achievement type allows staff to specify an achievement type when creating or editing a badge — to learn more, see Achievement types
- Learner record access restricts access to specific groups or allows all users to view their learner record — for more information regarding learner records, please view About the learner record
- Skills library connection allows you to connect to a skill library, such as Emsi or Indeed, and highlight what skills were required to earn the badge — to learn more, see Incorporating Lightcast skills in Canvas Badges/Credentials
- Badge extensions provide additional functionality to badges; you can require additional details such as grading or include resource links or an additional description of what was required to earn the badge — to learn more, see Badge assessments and questions
- Select Save when you've finished updating your settings
The welcome page tab is where you design what users see the first time they sign into your organization. It will appear above the first invitation or notification they receive from you. Create a headline and welcome message for new users. Let them know what your organization does and what they can expect to learn through your organization's badging program.
- Select Edit message to create a custom welcome message for new users.
- Select Save edits when you are done editing.
- Select which Canvas Badges/Credentials features you wish to include in your welcome message.
- My badges
- My pathways
- My backpack
- My record
4. If you're not utilizing one or more of these features in your organization, simply uncheck the appropriate box. 5. Select Save when you've finished updating your settings.