Canvas Credentials for Canvas: Tracking externally awarded badges
As part of a Canvas Credentials subscription, you may now view badges awarded from external sources within a single course. Badges awarded in other courses or badges may be viewed on the Progress page in a course they were not awarded in.
Externally awarded badges must be associated with the same issuer as used in the course where they will be displayed.
Tracking externally awarded badges
If you have a Canvas Credentials subscription, you should have access to a red button that reads, Add new objective, from the Credentials link in your course navigation.
1. Select the Add new objective button.
2. A new row will be added to the table containing the list of modules. The new row will contain the label "External award" instead of "Complete module."
3. Use the drop-down arrow to select from the list of available badges you wish to track (or create a new badge).
The externally awarded badge must belong to the same issuer used in the course.
4. Assign the external badge you wish to track within the course to the newly added row in the table.
5. Observe which students in the course have completed the external badged activity by selecting the Progress tab from the Credentials course navigation link.
Students can view the status of external awards from the Credentials course navigation link.