Hiding the Credentials or Badges menu in a Canvas course
When Canvas Badges is installed in a Canvas account, the Credentials or Badges menu item displays in Course Navigation. Teachers visibility of the menu in each course. The Credentials menu displays for LTI 1.3 users and all Blackboard users. The Badges menu displays for legacy LTI or LTI 1.1 users.
If Canvas Badges is not installed for an entire department or institution, you may still add it to a single course.
Managing Credentials or Badges Menu Visibility
- Confirm that your Canvas administrator has installed Canvas Badges for your account or sub-account.
- Navigate to the course that you would like to enable badges.
- Select the Settings option from the left-side course navigation.
- Select the Navigation tab
- Look for Credentials or Badges in the list of items, among the disabled items at the bottom.
- Select the gear icon, then select Enable.
- Select Save and refresh the page. The menu displays in Course Navigation.
Disable Canvas Badges in Canvas
Sometimes Canvas Badges may be installed for all courses at an institution, but a teacher may wish to disable it for a specific course. In this case, the teacher may perform the following steps:
- Follow the above steps 1-4.
- Look for Credentials or Badges in the list of items.
- Select the gear icon, then select Disable.
- Select Save and refresh the page.