Sharing badges from Canvas Badges/Credentials
See Uploading non-Canvas Badges/Credentials badges to a backpack and Creating a collection of badges in Canvas Badges/Credentials.
An advantage of Open Badges is that they can be displayed on a variety of Open Badges compliant websites. Sharing your badges can be a great way to be recognized for an achievement or to connect with other people interested in similar badging topics.
In Canvas Badges/Credentials , you can share single badges or badge collections with users, websites or social media. Badge collections allow you to curate a selection of appropriate badges to share with a particular audience.
- Go to the Backpack or Collections tab.
- Select the Share button on the badge or collection.
There are a variety of ways in which you can share your badges or collections: via Link, directly to Social media channels or by using provided Embed codes. Select the Share button to get started.
Sharing via link
- If not selected, select the link tab from the share dialog.
- If you don't wish to include your email on the badge public page, uncheck the Include recipient identifier box. If you do wish to include your email, ensure this box is checked.
- Select the Copy button.
- Paste the URL where you'd like to share a link to your badge (e.g. email, text, etc.).
Sharing via social
- Select the Social tab from the share dialog.
- If you share badges or collections with social media channels, you'll be required to log in with your credentials.
- For more details, visit the Sharing badges on social media.
Sharing via embed
- Select which version of the badge you would like to embed, a Card or Badge view.
- The Card view provides additional context for the badge.
- The Badge view provides a view of the badge.
- Both options contain the badge metadata.
- Select the Copy button.
- Paste the copied text wherever HMTL is allowed (e.g. your website, online portfolio, etc.).
Downloading your badge
- Select the badge you wish to download
- Click the Download button
- A new tab will open with the baked image of your badge. Right-click on the image and select Save as and save the image as a .png or a .svg.
Sharing badge collections
- Go to the Collections tab.
- Set the collection you want to share to Public using the toggle button at the bottom of the collection card or at the top of the collection details page.
- Select the Share button from the Collections page or the Share collection button from the Collection detail page.
If you change the collection from public to private, the collection's share URL will no longer be valid. If the collection is made public at a later date, a new URL will be generated at that time. Adding or removing badges will not affect the collection's share URL.