How do I view global activity for my student’s courses in the Recent Activity Dashboard as an observer?
The Recent Activity Dashboard displays information about course assignments and inbox messages.
The following will cause course activity notifications to appear in the Recent Activity Dashboard:
- New assignments
- Assignments, quizzes, or discussions changed from Ungraded to Graded
- Due date changes to assignments, quizzes, and discussions
- New graded discussions
- New conversation Inbox messages
The Recent Activity Dashboard also includes the Dashboard sidebar, which displays a Coming Up feed and includes a link to the global Grades page.
You can change your Dashboard view at any time using the Dashboard Options icon.
- Notifications in the Recent Activity Dashboard will not display for activity in Announcements, Discussions, Files, Collaborations, Grades, Pages, or Conferences; ungraded quizzes and surveys; or edits to Discussions.
- Edits to Quizzes and Assignments will only display in the Recent Activity Dashboard when an instructor selects the Notify users that this content has changed button when updating course content.
In Global Navigation, click the Dashboard link.
View Student Dashboards
To filter your dashboard by student, click the Student drop-down menu , then click the student's name . The dashboard view displays based on your student's dashboard view.
View Recent Activity
The Recent Activity Stream contains recent notifications from all of your courses, including announcements, discussions, assignments, and conversations. Unlike course cards, the activity stream does not mimic the visibility of Course Navigation links.
Activities are indicated by an activity type icon . Each activity also includes the name of its associated course .
New activity in a course is indicated by an unread icon . Discussions and Announcements indicate new activity items published in a course, and Conversations indicate a new message received from a user in a course. Recent Activity items remain for four weeks.
Expand and Collapse Notifications
You can view the details of each activity by hovering in the notification area and clicking the Show More link . To collapse recent activity, click the Show Less link .