How do I create a recurring event in my Canvas calendar as an observer?
When you create a new event in your Canvas calendar, you can also schedule it to repeat, daily, weekly, monthly, or annually. This may you stay organized observing multiple students, multiple courses, and multiple events in Canvas as an observer.
Tips for recurring events:
- Weekly events are repeated on the day of the week of the first event. For example, if an event is created on a Monday and repeats weekly, the next instance of the event will appear on the following Monday, regardless of the actual date.
- Monthly events are repeated on the day of the month of the first event. For example, if an event is created on July 6 and repeats monthly, the next instance of the event will appear on August 6.
To add an event to your calendar, click any calendar date . You can also navigate to view previous or upcoming dates using the Previous and Next icons .
Alternatively, you can click the Add icon .
Enter a title for the event .
Depending on how you added your event, the date may be populated for you. If not, enter a date in the date field .
The calendar times may also be populated for you in the From and To fields . Edit or enter the start and end time for your event. To create an all-day event, leave the From and To fields blank so there is no start and end time for your event.
In the Frequency drop-down menu, you can set recurring calendar events .
If a location is required, enter a location for the event .
In the Frequency drop-down menu , you can select from multiple recurring options, including no repeat, daily, weekly, monthly, annually, every weekday, or a custom frequency.
Notes: Each frequency selection has an occurrence default:
- daily = 365 (days in a year)
- weekly = 52 (weeks in a year)
- monthly = 12 (months in a year)
- annually = 5 (The event will occur for five years)
- every weekday = 52 * 5 (weeks in a year * weekdays)
- Additionally, users can have a maximum of 400 occurrences.