How do I change the settings in my user account as an observer?
- You may not be able to manage all of the settings shown here. If you cannot edit your user settings, contact your student's school to request they change this information.
- Selecting a specific language in your user settings page overrides the default language settings selected by your student's school. However, course language settings will override your selected user language.
- Your student's school may update or change your password by using the password associated with your login credentials for Canvas.
- Users associated with a SIS ID cannot delete their own account.
Open Account Settings
In Global Navigation, click the Account link , then click the Settings link .
In the sidebar, click the Edit Settings button.
If enabled, edit the appropriate settings:
- Full Name : used in the People page and for SIS imports.
- Display Name : how other users see your name in Conferences and Conversations.
- Sortable Name : default is your last name, first name; appears in sorted lists so admins can search for it.
- Pronouns : display after your name in various areas throughout Canvas.
- Language : can be set to your preferred language and is the language used in Canvas (does not apply if an instructor sets a specific language for a course).
- Time Zone : can be set to your local time zone; this setting displays assignments in your local time.
- Password : the combination of characters you choose to use to log in to your Canvas account.
Note: You may not be able to edit all of these settings. If you cannot edit your user settings, please contact your student's school to change this information.
Click the Update Settings button.