How do I select personal pronouns in my user account as a student?
If enabled by your institution, you can select personal pronouns to add to your user account. Personal pronouns display after your name in various areas in Canvas, including:
- Comment Fields
- People Page (Course and Groups)
- User Navigation Menu
- User Profile Page
- User Settings Page
- If you cannot view pronouns in your User Settings, your institution has not enabled this feature.
- LTI tools, such as New Quizzes and Analytics, do not currently support displaying pronouns.
Open User Settings
In Global Navigation, click the Account link , then click the Settings link .
Click the Edit Settings button.
In the Pronouns drop-down menu, select your personal pronouns.
- If the Pronouns drop-down menu does not display in your User Settings, your institution has not enabled this feature.
- Pronoun options are managed by your institution. You cannot add pronoun options.
Click the Update Settings button.