How do I submit an online assignment in a course using Assignment Enhancements?
You can submit online assignments in Canvas courses that have enabled Assignment Enhancements. Instructors can choose what kind of online submissions they want you to use. This lesson shows how to turn in a standard online assignment in a course using Assignment Enhancements. If your instructor allows, you may also have the option to resubmit assignments.
Any attachments added as part of a graded assignment submission are also copied to your user files but are not counted against your user quota. However, once the file has been uploaded as a submission, you cannot delete the file. Files are stored in the Submissions folder.
Before submitting an assignment, you may want to review all assignment information, such as the assignment rubric.
Third-Party File Application Submissions
You can submit assignments from Google Drive, Dropbox, or another third-party service via your desktop computer in one of two ways:
- Download the file to your computer and submit as a File Upload
- Share the file, copy the file URL, and submit as a Website URL
- If the assignment you are accessing displays differently, Assignment Enhancements may not be enabled in your course or your instructor may not have used a supported assignment type. Please view this guide for more information.
- Assignment Enhancements does not support the following assignment types: Peer Reviews and Cloud Assignments.
- Not all file types may be available for your assignment, depending on the assignment submission type set by your instructor.
- For instruction on completing an assignment, view the assignment details or contact your instructor for assistance.
- Canvas does not support file uploads larger than 5 GB.
- Group assignments do not support the student annotation submission type.
- Observers can view all content from submitted assignments. However, observers cannot view assignment drafts.
In Course Navigation, click the Assignments link.
Note: You can also access your Assignments through your user or course dashboard, the Syllabus, Gradebook, Calendar, or Modules.
Click the name of the assignment.
Select Submission Type
The following submission types are accepted using Assignment Enhancements: Text Entry, Website URL, Media, Annotation, File Upload, and external application. However, your instructor may specify which submission types are appropriate for each assignment.
Select a submission type from the Choose a submission type section.
If your instructor only allows one submission type, the Choose a submission type section does not display.
Submit Text Entry
To submit a text entry assignment, enter text in the Rich Content Editor .
Once added, your text will be saved as an assignment submission draft .
Submit Website URL
To submit a website URL, add the URL to the Website Url field.
Once added, your website URL will be saved as an assignment submission draft.
Submit Media Recording
To submit a media recording, click the Record/Upload button.
To submit an annotated document, click the Annotation button.
Note: Group assignments do not support the student annotation submission type.
Submit File Upload
To upload a file as your submission, click the Upload button 
To upload a file from your computer, drag and drop a file , or browse your computer files by clicking the Choose a file to upload link .
To capture a photo of your assignment using your computer's webcam, click the Webcam button .
To upload a file from your Canvas user files, click the Canvas Files button .
Once uploaded, your file will be saved as an assignment submission draft.
Submit Course App File
When you are ready to submit your assignment, click the Submit Assignment button .
If you are working on an additional assignment attempt, you can cancel your submission your assignment attempt by clicking the Cancel Attempt button .
Note: If you added a text entry submission, you must save the submission draft before you can submit the assignment.
When your submission is successfully submitted, the Progress Tracker displays a Submitted status  and your most recent submission displays .
If you choose, you may resubmit another version of your assignment using the Try Again button .
If you've submitted multiple assignment submissions, you can view previous submissions by clicking the Attempt drop-down .
To add an assignment comment for your instructor, click the Add Comment button .
- If your assignment is part of a module, you can view the previous module item by clicking the Previous button  and the next module item by clicking the Next button .
- If you're not able to resubmit work, your instructor may have limited the number of allowed submissions or the assignment may no longer be accepting submissions due to the assignment's availability dates.
- Once you've submitted your work, the assignment will still display in the Assignments page and the Syllabus.