How do I submit a peer review to an assignment using Assignment Enhancements as a student?
Your instructor may require you to submit a peer review of another student's assignment. To complete the assignment, you must review the student's assignment and add a comment in the comment sidebar.
If your instructor includes a rubric, which is a pre-determined outline of how an assignment is graded, you must assign a grade using the rubric. However, your instructor may also ask you to leave a comment in the comment sidebar.
Some peer reviews may also be anonymous, which means you cannot view the name of the student whose assignment you are reviewing. Additionally, the student cannot see your name as the reviewer when you leave a comment to complete the review.
- Peer reviews can only be completed in the web version of Canvas.
- Your instructor may choose to hide the Assignments link in Course Navigation. If the Assignments link is not available, you can still access assignments through your user or course dashboard, the Syllabus, Gradebook, Calendar, or Modules.
- Observers can view all content from submitted assignments. However, observers cannot view assignment drafts.
- Assignment Enhancements does not support Cloud Assignments.
- If the assignment you are accessing displays differently, Assignment Enhancements and/or Peer Review Support may not be enabled in your course or your instructor may not have used a supported assignment type.
In Course Navigation, click the Assignments link.
Note: You can also access your Assignments through your user or course dashboard, the Syllabus, Gradebook, Calendar, or Modules.
Open Peer Review Assignment
In the Assignment Index page, you can view any peer reviews assigned to you. To open the peer review, click the Required Peer Review link .
If your peer review is anonymous, the student's name displays as Anonymous Student .
Note: If your instructor has assigned an On Paper or No Submission assignment, the assigned peer review does not display on this page. However, it can still be viewed from the Dashboard.
Complete Peer Review
To complete the peer review, add a comment , attach a file , or media comment , and click the Send Comment button .
Note: If your instructor includes a rubric, which is a pre-determined outline of how an assignment is graded, you must assign a grade using the rubric. However, your instructor may also ask you to leave a comment in the comment sidebar.
If the assignment has a rubric attached, you are only required to complete the attached rubric for the peer review to be considered finished.
To view the rubric, click the Fill Out Rubric link .
To score the assignment with the rubric, select rubric ratings  or enter a score for each criterion in the Points column . To deselect a rubric rating, click the rubric rating .
Each criterion score is added toward the total points for the assignment .
When you're finished, click the Submit button . You may need to refresh your browser to see that you've completed the required steps for the peer review.
- Depending on how your instructor set up the rubric, it may or may not include point values. If the rubric does not include point values you still need to fill out the rubric to complete the peer review.
- After you save the rubric, you cannot edit it to change your comments or ratings.
View confirmation you have completed the peer review.