How do I submit a text entry assignment in a course using Assignment Enhancements?
You can submit a text entry submission in a Canvas course that uses Assignment Enhancements. Text entry assignments are created in the Rich Content Editor. This lesson shows how to turn in a standard online assignment in a course using Assignment Enhancements. If your instructor allows, you may also have the option to resubmit assignments.
Before submitting an assignment, you may want to review all assignment information, such as the assignment rubric.
- If the assignment you are accessing displays differently, Assignment Enhancements may not be enabled in your course or your instructor may not have used a supported assignment type. Please view this guide for more information.
- Assignment Enhancements does not support the following assignment types: Student Annotation, Group Assignments, Peer Reviews, and Cloud Assignments.
- Not all file types may be available for your assignment, depending on the assignment submission type set by your instructor.
- Not all of your assignments may be submitted online. If you cannot see options to submit your work, your instructor may want you to submit your assignment in a different way or the assignment is not within its availability dates.
- For instruction on completing an assignment, view the assignment details or contact your instructor for assistance.
In Course Navigation, click the Assignments link.
Click the name of an assignment.
Select Submission Type
Your instructor may specify which submission types are appropriate for each assignment.
In the Choose a submission type section , select the Text option .
If your instructor only allows Text Entry submissions, the Rich Content Editor may display in place of the Choose a submission type section.
- If the Text option does not display in the Choose a submission type section, your instructor has restricted this submission type.
- Not all of your assignments may be submitted online. If you cannot see options to submit your work, your instructor may want you to submit your assignment in a different way or the assignment is not within its availability dates. View the assignment header and details for instructions, or contact your instructor for assistance.
Draft Text Entry
Enter your assignment submission text in the Rich Content Editor .
To format your text or insert content, use the Rich Content Editor menubar  or toolbar 
View the word count in the Editor Status bar .
You can also embed images from Canvas, from the web, or from Unsplash in your text entry assignment submission by clicking the Image icon . Canvas also allows you to embed images from your user files.
To insert media or images, you can also use the Insert menu  in the menubar.
Any files added as part of a graded assignment submission are also copied to your user files but are not counted against your user quota. However, once the file has been uploaded as a submission, you cannot delete the file. Files are stored in the Submissions folder.
Note: You may need to click the Options icon  to view the Record/Upload Media and Images icons in the toolbar.
Submit Text Entry
Your work automatically saves as an assignment draft .
To submit your text entry draft, click the Submit Assignment button .
If you are working on an additional assignment attempt, you can cancel your submission your assignment attempt by clicking the Cancel Attempt button .
When your submission is successfully submitted, the Progress Tracker displays a Submitted status  and your most recent submission displays in a read-only format .
If you choose, you may resubmit another version of your assignment using the Try Again button .
If you've submitted multiple assignment submissions, you can view previous submissions by clicking the Attempt drop-down .
To view feedback or add an assignment comment for your instructor, click the View Feedback button .
- If you're not able to resubmit work, your assignment may no longer be accepting submissions due to the assignment's availability dates.
- Once you've submitted your work, the assignment will still display in the Assignments page and the Syllabus.