How do I submit a Microsoft Office 365 file as an assignment submission using Assignment Enhancements?
If your course has enabled Microsoft Office 365 and Assignment Enhancements, you can upload a file from your Microsoft OneDrive for an assignment.
Like other file upload submissions, files uploaded from Office 365 are uploaded into your Canvas user files submissions folder.
Canvas accepts Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and PDF types.
- If the assignment you are accessing displays differently, Assignment Enhancements may not be enabled in your course or your instructor may not have used a supported assignment type. Please view this guide for more information.
- If the Office 365 tab is not available in your submission, your institution has not enabled this feature.
- Canvas will require you to authorize access to your OneDrive account.
- You can only attach one file for your submission.
- When Office 365 files are uploaded as a submission, changes later made to the file in OneDrive will not be updated in the submission.
- Assignment Enhancements does not support the following assignment types: No Submission, Group Assignments, and Peer Reviews.
- Canvas does not support file uploads larger than 5 GB.
In Course Navigation, click the Assignments link.
Note: You can also access your Assignments through your user or course dashboard, the Syllabus, Gradebook, Calendar, or Modules.
Click the name of the assignment.
Select Submission Type
If your instructor allows multiple submission types for the assignment, the Attempt tab  displays the accepted submission types in the Submission Type drop-down menu .
To upload a Microsoft Office 365 file for your assignment submission, click the File option .
Submit Office 365 File
To upload an Office 365 file as your assignment submission, click the More Options button.
To select your Office 365 file, click the Office 365 tab .
Microsoft Office 365 will display a list of all allowed file types. Click the checkbox of the appropriate file .
To save your upload as a draft, click the Attach File button .
Note: If the Office 365 tab does not display, your institution has not enabled this feature.
To submit your your Office 365 file or URL as your assignment submission, click the Submit button.
When your submission is successfully submitted, the Progress Tracker displays a Submitted status.
Additionally, you can view your most recent submission in the Attempt tab .
If you choose, you may resubmit another version of your assignment by clicking the Try Again button .
If you've submitted multiple assignment submissions, you can view previous submissions by clicking the Attempt drop-down .
To view feedback or add an assignment comment for your instructor, click the View Feedback button .
- If you're not able to resubmit work, your instructor may have limited the number of allowed submissions or the assignment may no longer be accepting submissions due to the assignment's availability dates.
- Once you've submitted your work, the assignment will still display in the Assignments page and the Syllabus.