How do I create a discussion in a group?
You can start discussions with a group in Canvas.
In Group Navigation, click the Discussions link.
Click the Add Discussion button.
Edit discussion information:
- Type a title for the discussion in the topic field.
- Write a discussion prompt using the Rich Content Editor. The Rich Content Editor includes a word count display below the bottom right corner of the text box.
- Use the Content Selector in the Sidebar to link to course Pages, Assignments, Discussions, etc.
- Attach a file to your discussion. (Note: If the attachment option does not appear, your instructor has restricted this setting. Depending on your browser you may also see "Browse" instead of "Choose File".)
- Create a threaded replies by clicking the Allow threaded replies checkbox.
Click the Save button to start the discussion.
View the discussion you started in your group.