How do I create custom email templates for a catalog or subcatalog?
As an admin, you can create custom email templates for catalogs and subcatalogs in your account. If email templates are not created for a subcatalog, it inherits the parent catalog templates.
In the User Menu, click the Admin link.
Click the Catalogs link.
Click the Customizations tab.
View Email Customization Options
The catalog's email customization links display in the sidebar menu. You can create the following email templates:
- Registration Email : sent when a user successfully registers for a catalog account.
- Enrollment Email : sent when a user is successfully enrolled in a catalog course or program.
- Listing Completion Email : sent when a student completes all course or program requirements.
- Failed Payment Email : sent when a user's payment is not processed.
- Certificate Email : sent when a student receives a certificate after completing a course or program listing requirements.
- Waitlist Invite Email : sent when a waitlisted student can enroll in a course or program.
Open Email Template
Locate the email template you want to create and click the email template link .
Then click the Create Email button .
Create Email Template
View the template email name and description .
Add the email subject in the Subject field .
Enter the title that appears at the top of the email in the Headline field .
Create the body of the email in the text editor . Learn about using the email text editor.
Enter a name for the call-to-action button that displays at the bottom of the email in the Action Button Text field .
Open Email Preview
Click the Preview button.
View Email Preview
View the email in the Preview Email window . To close the preview window, click the Close button .
Send Test Email
Click the Send Email button.
Your email address displays . Click the Send Email button .
To save your email template as a draft, click the Save Draft button .
To save and publish your email template, click the Save & Publish button .
View Saved Email Notification
After you successfully save and publish the email template, Catalog displays a Saved Email notification.