How do course and program listings display in Canvas Catalog?
As a Canvas Catalog admin, you create a stand-alone listing in Catalog using a Canvas course, and you can add a program listing that uses a group of Catalog course listings as requirements to complete the program.
When you create a course or add a program, you can select visibility details for each individual listing. The selections you make affect the way course and program listings display in Catalog.
- All courses in Catalog exist as independent listings, even if they are associated with a program listing. It is recommended that you set visibility and enrollment details for a course listing before you include it as a requirement in a program.
- If a visibility option is not selected for a course, Hide Listing is selected by default.
View Program and Course Listings
When a program's visibility option is set to Show Listing, the program listing displays as a public listing in the catalog .
When a course's visibility option is set to Show Listing, the course displays as a stand-alone public listing in the catalog in addition to displaying in any program where it is included as a requirement.
- When you select a course as a requirement in a program, the course name displays on the registration page for the program no matter which visibility option you select for the course.
- When offering a course both individually and as part of a program, it is recommended that course visibility be set to Show Listing.
View Course Requirements in Program Listing
All course requirements, regardless of their visibility settings, display on the registration page of the program listing.
If course visibility is set to Show Listing, a link to course details displays .
If course visibility is set to Hide Listing or LInk Only, only the course name displays .
- When course or program visibility is set to Link Only, students can register only using a provided link.
- When a program's visibility is set to Hide Listing, the program does not display anywhere in the catalog.