How do I use my institution's Catalog?
Catalog courses and programs are easily searchable. You can use the Search field on the home page, or just browse the catalog listings.
- The steps for searching and viewing a course or program listing are the same regardless of catalog design. Your catalog view may be customized for your institution.
- You may need to log in to Canvas before you can view your institution's Catalog listings.
In a browser window, type your institution's Catalog URL in the address bar.
View Catalog Listings Page
View your institution's catalog listings page. The listings page displays your institution's catalog icon .
You can access the student dashboard and the Canvas dashboard, and you can log out of your account from the User Menu link .
The listings page also displays all courses and programs offered by and available for enrollment at your institution .
- The catalog icon is static and displays throughout the catalog. To return to the listings page at any time, click the icon.
- If you have not logged in, the User Menu link is replaced by a Login link. Learn about logging into Catalog.
- If you are visiting the catalog for the first time, you may need to register for a catalog account.
Search and Filter Listings
You can easily locate a specific catalog listing using the catalog search and filter options.
To search for a specific listing, add text in the Search field .
To filter the listings by category, click the Category drop-down menu . Then select a category from the list.
View Refine Listings Options
To refine the displayed listings, click the Refine drop-down menu .
To filter the displayed listings, select from the following filters:
- Free : View only listings without an enrollment fee.
- Paid : View only listings that require payment to enroll.
- Open Enrollment : View only listings with currently open enrollment options.
- Certificate : View only listings that offer a certificate upon completion.
To sort the displayed listings, select from the following sort options:
- ABC : Sort the displayed listings in alphabetical order.
- Start Date : Sort the displayed listings by start date beginning with most recent.
- $-$$$ : Sort the displayed listings by lowest to highest price.
- $$$-$ : Sort the displayed listings by highest to lowest price.
View Listing Types
Catalogs can display two listing types.
Individual course listings display the Course icon .
Multiple courses bundled into one listing display a Program icon .
View Listing Card
Each listing card displays an image , the listing name , and a short description . Listings may also display an institution, department, organization, or team logo .
You can also view the listing duration . Some listings may begin on a certain date, some may only be offered during a specific date range or include a time limit, and some listings may be self-paced without start or end dates.
You can also view the cost to enroll in the listing  and the number of credits offered upon completion .
Note: For programs, any credits shown are the cumulative of all courses included in the program.
Open Listing Details
To view details of a listing, click the listing card.
View Listing Details
The listing details page displays the listing image  with the the listing type icon . You can also view the listing title , duration , the number of credits offered upon completion , and the number of spots remaining  if a student cap is set.
You can enroll in the individual listing from the details page , you can add the listing to your shopping cart , or you can purchase bulk enrollments .
You can also view the listing's detailed description .
Note: If the listing includes an enrollment fee, the fee displays on the Enroll button .
View Related Listings
If you view a course that is part of a program, the program name displays on the listing's details page .
If you view a program, the program's included courses display on the listing's details page . Course listings that also display as individual courses in the catalog's listings page, the course name displays as a link to the course .