What is SpeedGrader?
As an instructor, SpeedGrader allows you to view and grade student assignment submissions in one place using a simple point scale or complex rubric. Canvas accepts a variety of document formats and even URLs as assignment submissions. Some document assignments can be marked up for feedback directly within the submission. You can also provide feedback to your students with text or media comments.
You can use SpeedGrader to:
- Sort submissions by student and hide student names for anonymous grading
- View submission details for each student, including resubmitted assignments
- Use rubrics to assign grades
- Leave feedback for your students
- Track your grading progress and hide assignments while grading
- View submissions in moderated assignments
For each student, SpeedGrader has five areas:
- View student submissions (text entries, website URLs, media recordings, and/or file uploads); preview supported file types in Canvas DocViewer; review other file format submissions using the document previewer or Google Preview
- Assign a grade based on your preferred assessment method (points or percentage)
- View Rubric to assist with grading (if one is added to the assignment)
- View comments created by you or the student about the assignment
- Create text, video, and/or audio commentary for the student
Note: You can use keyboard shortcuts to navigate SpeedGrader. To view a window with a list of keyboard navigation shortcuts, press the Shift+Question Mark keys simultaneously on your keyboard.