How do I use the Training Services Portal as an instructor?
As an instructor, you may be able to access the Training Services Portal to complete self-paced training resources on a variety of Canvas topics. If your institution has a paid training subscription, you may also have access to live trainings and webinars.
The Training Services Portal is hosted in Bridge, a tool built and administered by Instructure. Learn more about using Bridge.
- The Training Services Portal is available to institutions in the United States and select Canadian institutions that have chosen to participate.
- If you cannot access the Training Services Portal, your institution may have hidden the Help Menu link.
Open Help Menu
In the Canvas Global Navigation menu, click the Help link.
Note: Depending on your institution, the Help link name and icon may vary.
Open Training Services Portal
Click the Training Services Portal link.
- The Training Services Portal is available to institutions in the United States and select Canadian institutions that have chosen to participate..
- If you cannot access the Training Services Portal, your Canvas admin may have hidden the Help Menu link.
To use the Training Services Portal, you must authorize Canvas  and Bridge  to have access to your account.
To authorize use of your account, click the Authorize button on both screens .
View Learning Library
The Training Services Portal is hosted in Bridge, a tool built and administered by Instructure. By default, the Training Services Portal opens to the Learning Library . Learn more about using the Learning Library.
The Learning Library includes:
- Learning Pathways : Collections of recommended courses based on user role. Certificates may be awarded upon completion at 80% accuracy. Learning pathways are organized in Bridge programs. Learn more about using programs.
- Courses : Information on a variety of Canvas topics. Badges may be awarded upon completion. Learn more about using courses.
- Videos : Pre-recorded video trainings available on demand. Videos are organized in Bridge courses.
Open Learning Item
To begin a learning pathway, hover over the pathway's card and click the Start button . To view a course or video, hover over the card for the item and click the Enroll button . Learn more about enrolling in a course or learning pathway.
To view all learning items that you have enrolled in, click the My Learning tab . Learn more about the My Learning page.
View Training Calendar
To view the training calendar, click the Training Calendar tab . The Training Calendar displays pre-scheduled live webinars delivered by Canvas trainers.
To register for a live training, click the name of the training  and click the Register button . You will receive an email confirmation with a link to access the live training. Learn more about registering for a live training.
- Live trainings are only available to subscription clients.
- All times in the training calendar display in Eastern time.