How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as a student?
Canvas includes a set of default notification preferences you can receive for your courses. However, you can change the default settings by setting your own notification preferences. These preferences only apply to you; they are not used to control how course updates are sent to other users. To learn more about each notification, default settings, and notification triggers, view the Canvas Notifications PDF.
Notifications are sent as one of four delivery types: notify me right away, daily summary, weekly summary, or don't send. If you change a setting, the change is made immediately to your account.
Notification settings apply to all of your courses unless you set notification preferences for individual courses.
You may be able to reply directly to email notifications outside of Canvas. Replies are updated in the Canvas Inbox. However, please be aware that attachments added as part of an external reply are not included with the message shown in Canvas.
- Notifications are sent to Canvas contact methods as specified in your account. You cannot receive notifications if your contact methods are unconfirmed. If you are not receiving Canvas notifications, please confirm your Canvas contact methods.
- The Canvas Student app supports setting notification preferences. However, setting preferences inside the app will override preferences in the browser version of Canvas.
- You may be able to select notification preferences for an individual course. Learn more about managing notifications for a single course.
- SMS notifications are only available for Announcements and Grading notification types.
In Global Navigation, click the Account link , then click the Notifications link .
View Account Notification Settings
The Account Notification Settings page displays a banner reminding you that account-level notifications apply to all courses .
View the account-level notification types  and your listed contact methods .
Each notification has a default delivery frequency preference. To view the current notification delivery frequency for a notification type and contact method, hover over the notification icon .
View Notification Details
To view details for a notification, hover over the notification name.
Set Notification Preferences
Each notification is set to a default preference. To change a notification for a contact method, locate the notification and click the icon for the contact method .
To receive a notification right away, select the Notify immediately option . These notifications may be delayed by up to one hour in case an instructor makes additional changes, which prevents you from being spammed by multiple notifications in a short amount of time.
To receive a daily notification, select the Daily summary option .
To receive a weekly notification, select the Weekly summary option . The date and time of your weekly notifications are posted at the bottom of the notifications page.
If you do not want to receive a notification, select the Notifications off option .
Unsupported notification types display the Unsupported icon . Unsupported notification types cannot be enabled.
- Each set notification preference will automatically apply to all of your courses. However, if you manage notification preferences for a single course, notifications for that course must continue to be managed in the course.
- Twitter and SMS notification preferences do not support daily summary or weekly summary options.
- Unregistered contact methods will appear in notification preferences but will not receive notifications until you confirm the registration.
View Privacy Notice
If you've set a notification preference for an email address that is outside your institution, you may see a privacy warning. You can close the warning by clicking the Ok button. Once the warning has been displayed, it will not display again.
Set Text Notifications
You can set up your mobile phone as a contact method to receive Grading and Announcement notifications as text (SMS) messages.
On Android devices, text messages appear from firstname.lastname@example.org. On iOS devices, text messages appear from area code ending in 10 (such as 210 or 410).
Notification headings identify the course and the type of message notification. All notifications contain at least one text message. You cannot reply to text message notifications.
Note: You may want to enable push notifications in the Canvas Student app to receive all notifications on your mobile device.
Set Push Notifications
If you have enabled push notifications in the Canvas Student app, you can manage your preferences in the Push Notification column. Please be aware that push notifications can only be sent to your mobile device right away or not at all. Daily and weekly notification options are not supported.
Additionally, setting preferences inside the app will override preferences set in the notifications page.
Note: Some categories include limited availability for push notifications. Full details about supported notifications for push notifications can be found in the Canvas Notifications PDF.
Set Slack Notifications
If your institution has enabled Slack as a contact method, you can add Slack as a contact method and receive direct message notifications from Canvas in Slack.
Slack notifications may vary depending on your Slack notification settings.