What are Profile and User Settings?
Profile and User Settings let you control your personal information in Canvas.
If you want to view a video about personal settings, you can watch the User Settings and Profile Picture video.
Note: Your institution may restrict one or more settings options.
When would I use my profile and user settings?
You can use your profile and user settings to:
- View and edit your user settings, such as display name, language preference, and time zone
- Change your default email address or add an additional email address for notifications
- Add a text (SMS) contact method for notifications
- View or add a profile picture
- Set Notifications for your favorite communication channels
- Upload personal Files
- Create and manage ePortfolios of your course work
- Manage new user features
- Download your assignment submissions from current and previous courses
If your institution has enabled profiles, you can also edit your profile information.
Note: Your institution may restrict one or more of these options.