How do I record a Canvas Studio video using a webcam?
You can record a video using your webcam in Canvas Studio. Videos can be recorded from any page in your account. You can record media for any length of time, but shorter video recordings under 5 minutes long are recommended due to browser resource limitations.
- Studio webcam capture is only supported by Chrome and Firefox browsers. If you use an unsupported browser, Studio will prompt you to switch browsers.
- You may need to allow the browser to access your camera and microphone.
- Studio webcam capture creates a webM video.
- For more information about how screen readers work with recording a video in Studio, please visit Accessibility within Studio.
- If you are using an iOS or iPad iOS device, you cannot record a video directly in Canvas Studio using a webcam. Instead, you can record the video using your device's webcam application and upload the video as a media file.
To record a video, click the Record button , then click the Webcam Capture link .
Note: If you are using an iOS device, the Webcam Capture link is unavailable. You can, however, record the video using your device's webcam application and upload the video as a media file.
To give access to your computer's microphone and camera, click the Allow button.
When your video recording is done, click the Finish button.
View the recording. Enter a title in the Title field  and click the Save button .
To re-record your video, click the Start Over button .
In the My Library page, view your video recording. Once the recording is processed, you can manage all controls and settings.