How do I record a webcam video in Canvas Studio with a Safari or Firefox browser?
You can record a video in Canvas Studio with your webcam using a Safari or Firefox browser. Videos can be recorded from any page in your account. You can record media of any length, but recordings of under 5 minutes duration are recommended due to browser resource limitations.
- You may need to allow the browser to access your camera and microphone.
- Studio webcam capture creates a webM video.
- For more information about how screen readers work with recording a video in Studio, please visit Accessibility within Studio.
- If you are using an iOS or iPad iOS device, you cannot record a video directly in Canvas Studio using a webcam. Instead, you can record the video using your device's webcam application and upload the video as a media file.
- If you are using a Chrome or Edge browser learn about recording a webcam video using Chrome or Edge.
Click the Record button , then click the Webcam Capture link .
Note: If you are using an iOS device, the Webcam Capture link is unavailable. You can, however, record the video using your device's webcam application and upload the video as a media file.
To give access to your computer's microphone and camera, click the Allow button.
When your video recording is done, click the Finish button.
View the recording. Enter a title in the Title field  and click the Save Media button .
To re-record your video, click the Start Over button .
In the My Library page, view your video recording. Once the recording is processed, you can manage all controls and settings.