What is the Inbox?
The Inbox is a messaging tool used to communicate with a course, a group, an individual student, or a group of students. You can use the Inbox to communicate with others in your course.
- Users display in the Inbox once they have an active enrollment in the course, and users cannot join a course unless it is published.
- Once a course has concluded and its term date has passed, you can no longer message students in that course.
Use the Inbox to:
- Send a message to someone in your course or group
- Send a message to yourself (displays in your Sent folder)
- Reply to messages from others in your course
- Filter conversations by course or type
- View and reply to assignment submission comments
You can adjust your notification settings to receive messages using external channels.