How do I create hyperlinks to group content in the New Rich Content Editor as a student?
When using the New Rich Content Editor, you can insert links to previously created group content. You may be able to link to content in Pages, Announcements, and Discussions. You can also insert links that, when clicked, act like Group Navigation links.
- The New Rich Content Editor is currently a course opt-in feature. If the Rich Content Editor in your course does not match the images in this lesson, your course is using the classic Rich Content Editor.
- To create hyperlinks to group content or Group Navigation links, you must open the New Rich Content Editor within a group.
Open New Rich Content Editor
Open the New Rich Content Editor when creating or editing an announcement, discussion, or page.
Note: The Rich Content Editor supports keyboard shortcuts. To view the Keyboard Shortcuts menu, click the Keyboard icon or press ALT+F8 (PC keyboard) or ALT+FN+F8 (Mac keyboard).
Select Link Location
To insert a link displaying the name of the group content item, click to place your cursor in the location in the New Rich Content Editor where you want the link to appear .
To insert a hyperlink to a group content item, select the text for your hyperlink .
Open Group Links
You can create a link to group content when using the New Rich Content Editor within groups.
In the toolbar, click the Link Options arrow  and select the Group Links option .
Note: To view the Links icon, you may have to click the Options icon .
Select Group Content
Use the Add menu to select the linked content. By default, the Add drop-down menu displays content Links options . You can also add document, image, and media file links.
Content items are grouped by content type. To view a list of group content items click the arrow icon next to the content type . Then click the name of the item you want to link in the New Rich Content Editor .
Note: The text will flash before turning into the hyperlink.
Insert Group Navigation Link
You can also insert Group Navigation links from the Add menu. When a user clicks on an inserted Group Navigation link, Canvas will navigate them to that group feature page.
View the link displaying the name of the content item  or the hyperlinked text .
Click the Save button.
- The assignment, discussion, pages, and quizzes details pages display a Save & Publish button.
- The Syllabus page displays an Update Syllabus button.
- Discussion replies display a Post Reply button.
View the content. To view the linked course content, click the inserted link .
Note: Links to external URLs display an Open icon .