How do I set up Canvas Data 2 with an API client (Postman)?
After generating a Canvas Data 2 (CD2) ClientID and secret, you can set up Canvas Data 2 via the API Gateway.
This article references the API client, Postman, however, you can use any API client of your choice.
- View Canvas Data 2 Usage Workflow resource document
- API specification and schema
- Step by step video with Postman
- Example with Postman using a Client ID and Client Secret pair for authorization: collection and environment file
- The Postman reference solutions are examples and were created to demonstrate and make it easier to quick start and try out the API flow. We are not committing to maintain it for this community. You can use any API client of your choice.
- If you are using Postman client then it is good to know that if you download the OpenAPI spec, it can be directly imported into Postman (and most probably other API clients have similar features).
Before using Postman, you need to generate a Client ID and Secret for Canvas Data 2.
In Postman, click the Collections link  and then click the Import button .
Download and import the Postman Collection file.
Click the Upload Files button.
Locate the collection file and click the Open button.
In Postman, click the Environments link  and then click the Import button .
Download and import the Postman Environment file.