How do I set storage quotas for an account?
In the Quotas tab, you can set default account quotas for courses, users, and groups. You can also set quotas by Course ID or Group ID.
You can view the total number of files used across the entire account in account statistics.
- Sub-account admins cannot manage user quotas.
- When an instructor copies a large course into a course shell, Canvas does not duplicate the course files and instead references the original files in Canvas. However, when an instructor uses the Course Import Tool to import a course larger than their allowed course quota, the import will fail.
- The child account will inherit the quota setting from the parent account and will be able to change it.
Click the Admin link , then click the name of the account .
The settings portion of your account is only available to Canvas admins.
In Account Navigation, click the Settings link.
View Default Account Quotas
In the Default Account Quota section, you can view the default quotas assigned to each course, user, and group .
To change quotas, type a new number in the quota fields. Changing the quota will change the quotas for courses, users, and/or groups for the entire account.
Click the Update button .
Note: Sub-account admins cannot manage user quotas.
Find Manually Settable Quotas
In the Manually Settable Quotas section, you can search for a course or group with a specific quota. In the ID field , select Course ID or Group ID. In the text field , enter the ID of the course or group. Click the Find button .
- The course ID is located at the end of your course URL (i.e. canvas.instructure.com/courses/XXXXXX , and the group ID is located at the end of the URL (i.e. canvas.instructure.com/courses/XXXXXX/groups/XXXXX).
- Manually Settable Quotas at parent level only apply to its own sub-accounts/courses
Canvas displays the course or group and the quota . To change the quota, enter a new number in the quota field. Click the Update Quota button .