How will I know if there is a Canvas outage?
View Canvas Status Page
Visit status.instructure.com for incident reports regarding Canvas. The reports are global announcements that may or may not affect your institution. The Canvas Status Page will only include outages that last longer than 15 minutes.
To receive information from the status page, click the Subscribe to Updates button.
Visit Help Center
To visit the Help Center, click the Help button  then click the support site link .
View Status Icons
On the Status Page, icons are used to describe the current status of Canvas as a whole  and specific components within Canvas . These icons will correlate with the following statuses:
- Operational: component is working as expected 
- Degraded Performance: component is experiencing slowness outside of expected range 
- Partial Outage: component is experiencing extreme slowness with intermittent downtime that typically affects a small subset of users 
- Major Outage: component is no longer functional or experiencing partial outage that affects large number of Canvas users 
- Maintenance: component has been intentionally taken down for major repairs 
Follow Canvas Updates on Twitter
Follow Canvas LMS (@CanvasLMS) for updates. This account sends out tweets for major, Canvas-wide outages, along with other news and events related to Canvas.
Subscribe to the Admin Mailing List
Contact your Customer Success Manager to subscribe to the Admin Mailing List. If you are subscribed to the mailing list, you will receive emails if your institution is affected by a Canvas outage.