How do I view course activity for an account?
As an admin, you can generate a course activity log for a course in your account. This log includes a time-stamped overview of all activity for a course, including user name, activity type, source, and a link to view the activity details.
- Course activity in Admin Tools cannot be viewed by sub-account admins.
- Course activity stores course data for up to one year.
In Global Navigation, click the Admin link , then click the name of the account .
Search by Course ID or course name . You can locate your course ID number at the end of your course URL (i.e. canvas.instructure.com/courses/XXXXXX).
Once you start to type the course information, Canvas will generate a drop-down list of matching Canvas courses. Results are based on valid field entries, so if no results appear (especially if searching by name), confirm the information and try again.
You can also enter a date range in the date fields . Dates are not required, but adding dates will narrow your results.
Canvas will display any applicable results for the field(s) you selected:
- The Date of the activity
- The Time of the activity
- The User who performed the activity
- The Type of activity (concluded, unconcluded, published, deleted, restored, updated, created, copied to, copied from, reset to, and reset from)
- The Source of the activity (manual or via API)
- The Event Details of the activity type (click View Details link)