How do I view the course access report for an individual student?
You can view the course access report for an individual student in the People section of your course. The course access report shows a summary of student participation in your course and complements the Total Activity column in the People page.
You can view the full specific report for a student by viewing student analytics.
You can also view your specific interactions with the student in the student interactions report.
- The access report is part of a course permission. If you cannot see some of these columns in the report, you do not have access to view them.
- The access report does not include mobile app activity.
In Course Navigation, click the People link.
In the search field , search for the name of the user. You can also filter users by role in the Roles drop-down menu .
Open User Details
Click the user's Settings icon , then select the User Details link .
Open Access Report
Locate the user details sidebar. Depending on the page display, click the Access Report link or button.
View Access Report
The access report will show you:
- The content the user has viewed .
- The number of times the user viewed the content . A view is counted each time a user navigates to the URL where the content resides or downloads an attachment. Content items also display icons to represent assignments, discussions, pages, and attachments. The assignment icon displays next to both graded and ungraded assignments.
- The number of times the user participated (if applicable, such as posting to a discussion or submitting an assignment) .
- The last time the user viewed the content .
To return to the User Details page, click the Back to User Page button .
Note: The access report is part of a course permission. If you cannot see some of these columns in the report, you do not have access to view them.