How do I sort an individual assignment column in the Gradebook?
Each individual assignment column includes options to sort by grade and assignment status. By default, the Gradebook is sorted by student last name in ascending order.
When sorting by status, each grade only displays one status. Sorting may affect any assignments that have been dropped according to a drop rule in the assignments page. The dominant status is always shown, so if an assignment is missing or late but is also a dropped grade, the dropped grade status will be shown. However, you can view the Grade Detail Tray to view additional details about the grade.
The following keyboard shortcuts are supported in the Gradebook:
- S: Sort the grid on the currently selected column. Student name and Notes columns sort alphabetically. Other columns sort by grade (low to high).
- M: Open the menu for the currently selected column.
- Esc: Close the menu for the currently selected column.
- G: Open the Assignment Detail page for the currently selected assignment.
- C: Open the Grade Detail tray for the currently selected assignment.
Note: Sorting is not available for anonymous assignments.
In Course Navigation, click the Grades link.
Open Assignment Menu
Hover over the assignment column header and click the Options icon.
Click the Sort by link, then select the option how you want to sort the column.
Sort by Grade
To sort by grade, select the Grade - Low to High or Grade - High to Low option.
Sort by Missing
To sort by missing status, select the Missing option.
Sort by Late
To sort by late status, select the Late option.
Sort by Student Name
To remove individual assignment column sorting options, sort by student name.
Click the Options icon in the Student Name column , then select the Sort by option  and select a sorting option .