How do I record a conference?
As part of creating or editing a conference, you can choose to set up your conference to be recorded. Once this setting is enabled, you can start and stop the recording as necessary in the Conferences interface.
After the conference has concluded, you can view recorded conferences in the Conferences Index Page. If you recorded multiple segments in your conference, each segment will be a separate recording.
- When creating your conference, you must select the record option to record the conference.
- Canvas' standard recording feature will store your recordings in Conferences for 7 days and then remove them automatically for users of the Free Tier of Conferences.
- Recorded conferences cannot be downloaded for users of the Free Tier of Conferences.
- Recorded conferences can only be viewed inside the course where the conference was recorded; URLs cannot be shared outside Canvas.
For alternative storage and download options, contact BigBlueButton to set up a hosting account.
- Creating a conference is a course permission. If you cannot create a conference, your institution has restricted this feature.
- The Course Navigation link for your web conferencing tool reflects the name of the web conferencing tool. The link may display as BigBlueButton, Adobe Connect, or the name of the web conferencing tool your institution uses.
In Course Navigation, click the link for your web conferencing tool. The link name reflects the conferencing tool used by your institution.
To turn on the options for recording within the conference, click the Enable recording for this conference checkbox.